Flat levelling, vertical levelling and calibrating machines
Flat and vertical levelling and calibrating of metal strips
For numerous further operating processes (e.g. the machining of the edge and the surface) the strip must be flat and straight.
Edge bow, coil set and waviness must be adjusted to allow downstream operation to process optimally. Julius provides different series for levelling, calibrating and cleaning metal strips. All machines can be integrated into existing lines and be retrofitted at any time.
DR flat levelling machine
The flat levelling machine of the series DR is used for slight levelling of strip material. It reduces the waviness of the strip and removes the coil set.
- strip width: up to 1,500 mm (59.1″) as a standard
- strip thickness: up to 6 mm (0.24″)
- levelling rolls-Ø: variable depending on the strip thickness, number of levelling rolls: variable
- options: drive system, supporting rolls, pinch rolls, alligator system and wipers
FW aperture roller for strip calibrating
The aperture roller of the series FW is used to calibrate the strip thickness with an accuracy of ± 0.005 mm (0.0002″).
- strip width: max. 50 mm (1.97″)
- strip thickness: max. 3 mm (0.12″)
- drive: depending on requirements
HDR vertical levelling machine
The vertical levelling machine of the series HDR eliminates the edge bow of strips. It is designed for narrow strips with a corresponding thickness/width ratio.
- strip width: up to 50 mm (1.97″) with a corresponding thickness/width ratio
- 5 sets of vertical levelling rolls
- 5 sets of positioning rolls