Flat bevel grinding machine for knife blades with inclined bolsters
BG/V/NT2-CNC: Grinding of knife blades with inclined bolster
The flat bevel grinding machine of the series BG/V/NT2-CNC is specially designed for grinding knife blades with inclined bolster.
The grinding machine is equipped with four contour giving axes.
In addition to the technical data indicated at BG-CNC the machine is classified by the technical specifications as follows:
- grinding spindle drive motor 22–45 kW
- grinding length 300–640 mm
- precision mounted grinding spindle, designed for circumferential speed of up to 50 m/s
- reception flange for grinding wheel: 450–710 mm ∅
- grinding table with four axes:
- X-axis = main feed axis of the grinding table, powered by a linear motor
- Z-axis = infeed axis for grinding wheel
- V-axis = vertical axis
- A-axis = tilt axis/grinding angle
- digital drive for the axes, preloaded ball bearing spindle, Z- and V-axis or precision reduction gear (A-axis), linear motor for X-axis
- Additional axes arrangement with grinding wheel axis Z and wear compensation via W-axis, employed when the grinding wheel stroke is not sufficient for grinding the workpiece, e.g. large mechanical knives or for some industrial blades where the flat surface and the cutting edge have to be ground (see second graphics at the left side)