Rotary index table grinding machine
KBR: Grinding of cutlery edges
The rotary index table grinding machine KBR6 realizes a complete edge machining all-around the workpiece with a machine which consists of two one-sided and two double-sided belt grinding stations.
The KBR6/robot is a further development of the grinding machine KBR6. A six-axle robot is integrated into the system processing complex geometries at handle and bowl.
This unique solution offers the possibility to machine completely all kind of cutlery forms in one line. In the following, two different grinding procedures with a KBR rotary index table grinding machine are demonstrated:
Machining of spoons and forks
- complete solution for cutlery items by the integration of end machining
- automatic loading and unloading
- Number and configuration of the working stations variable depending on the scope of work
Machining of wrenches
- six belt grinding stations: two stations for the machining of the ring and four stations for the machining of the side parts
- intermediate transfer from ring to wrench machining
- manual or automatic loading possible
- conventional and controlled equipment available