Peripheral grinding machine
WS-CNC: Serrated grinding, plunge grinding and fluted edge grinding
The CNC peripheral grinding machine achieves with up to three axes a plunge grinding for the serration of knives, surgical blades, scissors or similar workpieces.
In combination with the peripheral grinding machine of the series KS the WS-CNC makes edge fluted grinding at knife blades.
- CNC controlled with display of all operating information / programming of up to three axes
- horizontal wheel motion by AC servo motor driven by preloaded precision ball screw
- maximum grinding width 100 mm (3.4")
- simple workpiece oriented programming with entry of dimensions / parameters
- dressing of the grinding wheel with diamond coated dressing roll, tool steel crush roll or programmable single point diamond
- automatic compensation of workpiece plunge travel after each dressing cycle and maintenance of selected rotational wheel speed (by frequency variation)
- programmable moving at a straight grinding wheel
- composition of the grinding wheel at cross table for plunge grinding and through-feed grinding (WS6-CNC)
- cross tooth grinding at saws in connection with a vertical and a pivot axis for saws with a maximum length of 650 mm (25.6") during indexing operation